Hawthorn Football Club has recorded a net operating profit of $2.57 million ($2,573,491) for the financial year ended 31 October 2016.
President Richard Garvey attributed the club’s sound financial position to its sustainable business model.
“As a club we are extremely fortunate to have the support of our loyal members and supporters, corporate partners and a united board and administration,” Garvey said.
“This year we broke the club’s membership record for the tenth consecutive season, which is a significant achievement and reinforces the incredible support and passion we receive from our fans.
“We also finished first on the AFL membership ladder, ahead of Collingwood and Richmond, which is an outstanding feat.
“This result would not be possible without the support of our 9,249 Tasmanian members, the highest Tasmanian membership number we have ever achieved.
“Our goal from the club’s five-year business plan of ‘financial strength and independence’ continues to be delivered, with our consolidated net assets reaching in excess of $41m in 2016.”
Key points of the report:
- Club net operating profit of $2,573,491 for year ended 31 October 2016.
- Achieved a record membership tally for the tenth consecutive season. 2016: 75,351 (2015: 72,924), including 9,249 Tasmanian members;
- Gross merchandise revenue exceeded $4.0m;
- The Club recorded an average attendance of 49,666 across seven Melbourne home games in 2016 (2015: 52,783). Season highlights included the Round 9 fixture against Sydney (61,552) and Round 19 against Carlton which provided a record crowd for a Launceston game of 18,112. The average attendance across the four home games in Tasmania was 13,855;
- The Hawthorn Football Club Foundation holds a balance of $6,896,627 in cash and investments as at 31 October 2016.
- Hawthorn’s net asset position improved to $41.6m, up from $36.8m in 2015
- The club recorded gross revenues of $69,779,234 (consolidated) and $52,886,071 (club).
- The club made a total of $1,301,588 in AFL Equalisation Payments (2015: $1,349,107)
The 114th Annual General Meeting of Hawthorn Football Club Limited (“club”) will be held at the Hawthorn Arts Centre, 360 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn 3122 on Thursday 8 December 2016. The meeting will commence at 6:30pm.