Hawthorn’s practice match against St Kilda, to be held in Morwell on Friday February 28th, will have a strong focus on supporting local emergency services workers following the recent bushfire crisis in the Gippsland region.
The club encourages football fans from across the state to attend the match, help raise much-needed funds for bushfire relief and show support for the Gippsland community.
Match-goers will also be encouraged to bring chairs and picnic rugs to settle in after the game and watch the State of Origin charity match on the big screens provided.
Details: Morwell Recreation Reserve - February 28
- Gippsland Next Generation Academy Match at 2:00pm
- BankVic Emergency Services Fan Zone at 3:30pm
- Hawthorn v St Kilda at 4:30pm
- State of Origin Live Site at 7:50pm
- Food vendors from bushfire affected areas and the local community will be invited to trade at the event.
- Beyond Blue and Headspace Morwell will be present, ready to provide mental health information and support to those that have been affected by the bushfires.
- Players will be available for a signing session following the match.
- Hawka will be in attendance and kids activities will be available on the concourse.
- From 7.50pm, State of Origin match to be broadcast on big screens, free of charge.
- This event will be made possible by the generous support of BankVic.