Up slightly on last year (2013: $3,118,672), President Andrew Newbold has attributed the result to the committed efforts of all involved at the Club, both on and off the field.
“Hawthorn FC is constantly striving for innovation and best practice and this is a positive reflection of the hard work and committed efforts of everyone involved at the club,” Newbold said.
“We are very fortunate to have the outstanding support of our loyal members and supporters, our corporate partners and a united board and administration.
“To break the Club’s membership record, for the eighth consecutive season, is a significant achievement and reinforces the incredible support and loyalty we receive from the Hawthorn faithful.
“Our overall membership figure reached 68,650 in 2014. A big reason we were able to achieve that milestone was due to the support of our 8,740 Tasmanian members” he said.
“Along with our consolidated entities, we have also managed to reduce our overall debt by $4m in 2014, which will put us in a great position to achieve our goal to deliver consolidated net assets in excess of $38m by 2017,” he said.
The Club's affiliated entities also enjoyed improved financial performance during 2014. The Box Hill Hawks posted a small profit, after just falling short of winning back-to-back premierships, whilst the West Waters Hotel & Entertainment Complex posted a healthy profit. *The joint venture is only in its fourth year of operation.
Key points of the report:
• Club net operating profit of $3,420,400 for year ended 31 October 2014;
• Achieved a record membership tally for the eighth consecutive season. 2014: 68,650 (2013: 63,353), which includes 8,740 Tasmanian members;
• Merchandise sales grew by 35% in 2014, with gross revenue reaching $5m (2013: $3.7m);
• Football department expenditure increased by 4.6%;
• Crowd attendances averaged 49,572 at Melbourne home games in 2014 (2013: 52,809), with the highlights of the season being the Round 18 match against Sydney Swans (72,768) and Round 22 against Geelong Cats (72,216). *The average attendance in Tasmania was 13,825.
• Foundation: The Hawthorn Football Club Foundation holds a balance of $4,133,362 in cash and investments as at 31 October 2014. The Club is delighted to announce a further contribution of $500,000 to the Foundation, which will be paid in November 2014;
• Assets: The Club’s net assets exceed $30million;
• Total revenue: $67,663,161 (consolidated) and $53,603,479 (Club).
The 112th Annual General Meeting of Hawthorn Football Club Limited (“Club”) will be held at the Hawthorn Arts Centre, 360 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn 3122 on Thursday 11 December 2014. The meeting will commence at 7pm.