Conor Nash has received a boost ahead of the home and away season, with the Irishman elevated to Hawthorn’s senior list on Thursday.
The position became available after Tom Mitchell (broken leg) was moved to the long-term injury list.
This is Nash’s second appearance on the club’s senior list, having been temporarily elevated in late 2018.
He made his debut in Round 21, before holding his spot for the remaining five games for the season, including the Hawks’ two finals.
GM-Football Graham Wright said the list change was deserved recognition after an impressive 12 months from the 20-year-old.
“While it’s still extremely disappointing to have Tom dealing with a long-term injury, it has opened an opportunity for us to reward a promising young player,” Wright said.
“Conor showed some impressive flashes during his five AFL appearances late last year.
“We were impressed with his endeavour and intensity, and we’re looking forward to seeing his development across the course of the season.”
The Irishman joined the Hawks in late 2016 as a Category B rookie.
A promising athlete in his youth, Nash turned down a Gaelic football academy contract to pursue a career in AFL.